“Guitarist’s Guitarist” Johnny Hiland Discovers HARMAN’s DigiTech Hardwire™ Pedals


SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Guitarist Johnny Hiland stands out for his prodigious technique, blazing speed and seemingly boundless musical creativity. Recently Hiland, who is equally adept at playing pop, blues and rock, discovered HARMAN’s DigiTech Hardwire pedals and is consistently playing with many of the pedals from the line. Hiland has played with artists as diverse as Toby Keith, Ricky Skaggs, Janie Fricke, Hank Williams III, Sammy Hagar, George Clinton and P-Funk and more. In 2011, Hiland signed with Shrapnel Records and has a new album now available titiled All Fired Up.

Hiland has been touring extensively over the past several months and explains there is a lot to like about the Hardwire pedals. “I am constantly striving to improve my sound and find gear that lets me express what I want to say musically. I have recently discovered DigiTech Hardwire pedals, and I have to say I am in love with their tone and craftsmanship,” stated Hiland.

Hiland is using the Hardwire DL-8 Delay Looper pedal, SC-2 Valve Distortion, RV-7 Stereo Reverb and HT-6 PolyChromatic Tuner. “I use the DL-8 on two of my pedalboards so I can have a great range of delays no matter where I might be performing, live and in the studio. The RV-7 Stereo Reverb is now a ‘must have’ for me. It contains some of the best Lexicon reverbs, and it is smoking hot! It’s really remarkable how they’ve managed to incorporate many of the great Lexicon studio reverbs I’ve used over the years into a pedal I can carry anywhere.”

“I know there are a lot of cool effects pedals out there and that every guitar player is hunting for that right tone to suit their rig. It takes the right combination to make it all work just right. I, however, have fallen in love with Hardwire. I’ve found that they pack a killer tone in every pedal they make. Overdrive is one of the most important effects a guitarist needs, and the Hardwire SC-2 gives me a great range of mild breakup to crunchy rhythm and lead sounds that can sing or sting," added Hiland.

In selecting the right gear, Hiland explains that he looks for pedals and products that offer three things. “First, the gear has to sound great. If it doesn’t do that, we don’t get to step two. Next, it has to be tough, roadworthy and built to last. When you have a tour schedule like mine where you have to set up and take down night after night, your gear can take a pounding. Thirdly, the price has to be right,” stated Hiland.

“I’ve had a lot of experience with DigiTech, Hardwire’s parent company, over the last 10 years,” notes Hiland. “I have used everything from the original RP-1 multi-effects unit and have owned a ton of DigiTech products over the years. The Hardwire pedals are the best ever for me.” 

HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: