Donal Hodgson Adds Bite to Sting’s Sound with HARMAN’s AKG K812 Reference Headphones

ANAHEIM, California – Donal Hodgson is an award-winning sound engineer who boasts an impressive list of credits, including Sting, Primal Scream, Jeff Beck, the La’s and more. Most recently, Hodgson recorded Ronnie Wood’s performance at BluesFest 2013 at the Royal Albert Hall, with special guests Bobby Womack, Mick Hucknall and Paul Weller. Based in the United Kingdom, Hodgson recently upgraded his recording setup with HARMAN’s new AKG K812 headphones.

“The K812 headphones are amazing,” Hodgson said. “They’re incredibly comfortable, and although they felt quite heavy when compared to my long-standing headphones, wearing them is a different story. I hardly noticed I had them on.”

Even more important than the comfort of the K812 headphones, Hodgson notes their world-class sound quality. “I am really impressed with their performance,” he said. “I'm hearing detail on the headphones I simply don't hear on my speakers. I am now worried to listen to some of my old mixes because I'm afraid I’ll hear lots of stuff that I'll want to fix!”

The K812 offers an oversized 53mm driver for the highest dynamic range ever in an AKG headphone. Its copper-covered aluminum voice coil extends sounds beyond the limits of human hearing, hitting a full spectrum of frequencies. Each K812 is built for comfort with a fast, adjustable headband and extremely soft ear pads to ensure comfort in any application, for extended periods of time. It also features a new open-back design optimized for pristine and natural sound.

Hodgson added that he is planning on recording with Sting this week. “I’ll take the K812s with me and see if I can make him jealous!”

In fact, Hodgson plans on taking the K812s wherever he goes. “I have a feeling the K812s will always be close by wherever I am working,” he concluded. “They are the new standard in sonic excellence.”

HARMAN (www.HARMAN.com) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of infotainment and audio solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson® and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of 14,800 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.7 billion for the last twelve months ended December 31, 2013.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: