HARMAN’s DigiTech® Pedals Deliver the Sonic Goods for Versatile Guitarist Phil X

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Phil X is one busy guitar player. Equally at home live, in the studio or on YouTube, he has played with scores of top-name artists like Kelly Clarkson, Tommy Lee, Avril Lavigne, Daughtry, Chris Cornell, Tommy Lee, Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper and more. Phil X plays in the band The Drills (www.thedrills.com), and his wry humor and no-holds-barred playing style have made him one of the world’s most viewed guitarists via his YouTube demos for guitar dealer Fretted Americana.

Phil X can use any overdrive pedal he pleases – and his mainstay is the DigiTech Bad Monkey. “Whenever I need overdrive, my go to is the Bad Monkey,” Phil notes. “It simply does everything I want an overdrive to do.”

“I have also been recently using the HardWire pedals. The CR-7 Stereo Chorus is amazing, the TR-7 Tremolo/Rotary killer and the RV-7 Reverb is astounding – couldn’t be better.”

“I like DigiTech gear because of the quality, how rugged it is and its affordability,” Phil continued. “It’s valuable to me to be able to tell young guitar players what gear I use, and know they can actually afford it. I constantly get e-mails from kids around the world telling me how much they love the Bad Monkey, and asking me what settings I use.”

Underneath Phil Xs affable demeanor is a musician who takes the tools of his trade very seriously. “I have a pretty crazy ear when it comes to effects. I know exactly what I like and don’t like. The HardWire pedals blew me away when I first heard them. Sometimes I am looking for a piece of gear to be simple and sometimes I want crazy options. The HardWire gear does both. The pedals are simple, yet give me a ton of variety.”

“I’ve also been able to simplify my setup,” Phil continued. “With HardWire, I know I can get everything I need with one chorus pedal, one delay pedal and one reverb pedal along with my Bad Monkey, which reduces the amount of gear that I need to have at all times. In the studio, having access to a lot of sounds is like painting with a bunch of colors and textures to make the mood feel right. It’s the time to experiment and find unique sounds.”

“On stage, it’s a different story,” notes Phil. “There’s no time to experiment with effects settings. Everything has to be ready to go. Live, I know I can just hook my DigiTech pedals up and rely on them, freeing me to devote myself fully to my performance. Ultimately, I want my two hands to be what entertains people.”

For more information on Phil X, please visit: www.philx.tv

Photo credit: Suzy Q Williams

HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets — supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 12,500 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported net sales of $4.0 billion for twelve months ending September 30, 2011.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: